Monday, April 09, 2007

TIC Owner Supes

My District 5 Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi is A TIC owner. He has been banned by the City Attorney from voting on TIC legislation. Why should TIC owning supes be banned from voting due to some ill-defined claim regarding conflict of interest? When Matt Gonzalez, a renter, was my supervisor no one stopped him from initiating or voting on legislation concerning tenants. I contacted the City Attorney's office to try and get a copy of this recommendation, but I have yet to hear any word.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That is completely bogus. Does that mean Chris Daly can't vote on anything affecting condos? Keep me posted on developments!

-a fellow SF TIC owner

9:01 PM  
Blogger stiill said...

I just found this blog. Very cool! I'm adding it to my feeds.

I would also love to hear the rationale for this rule. If you need more people to call in to get an answer, I'd be glad to ring them up a couple times.

11:46 AM  
Blogger rp said...

Hi,

I have not yet heard back from the City Attorney's office. If you have the time to ring them, please do. I will also try to keep the pressure on.


RP

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home