Friday, February 23, 2007

Condo Lottery Results Released

Finally, the results are in.

Also, someone who attended the condo lottery wrote to tell me that I stand corrected. Tickets were drawn the old fashioned way. Paper tickets were taken by hand from a plexiglass container by a DPW employee.

This contradicts the information I was given by another DPW employee the day we bought our tickets. He told me the condo lottery was being computerized, which is why I was given a printout instead of the usual paper tickets. Apologies to my readers for the confusion, and for giving any mistaken impressions. I like this blog to be as fact-driven as possible. I am not a conspiracy theorist...

In any case, I am glad someone at DPW came to their senses and brought out the old plexiglass bowl.

Congratulation to all of those who are on the winners list.

For all of you who are fellow losers, celebrate being a property owner in San Francisco, which is in itself an accomplishment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get picked. Have any über nerds plotted out the winners on a map? I didn't see any winners in my neighborhood, Russian Hill, and I'm curious to see how they were distributed throughout the City.

1:10 PM  
Blogger dilliards said...

any idea at all how many buildings were in this year's lottery?

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home