Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Frustration

The owner who lives downstairs from us is in Guam. The pipe that is broken in her kitchen prohibits us from using our kitchen sink or dishwasher because that water now floods into her unit. Because this problem is in her unit and not in a common area it is her responsibility to have it repaired. Yet aside from her initial email several days ago, and a follow-up instructing us that we cannot use our sink or dishwasher, we have heard NOTHING from her. Is she calling a plumber? Has she designated anyone else to act in her absence? Who knows? Do I care that she is working in Guam? No. Call me petty - I just want her to be a responsible owner and get her pipe fixed. If you don't want to deal with things like plumbing, electrical, roofing and who waters the plants in your yard - be a tenant.

Update: my neighbor finally did call a plumber - Heise's Plumbing - four days after the flood. (They were prompt, professional and did not rip us off.) Which made me happy I had this blog to vent on instead of sending some unhelpful flame mail to the group about not being able to use my sink. A little restraint (and patience) goes a long way when you are a TIC partner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home