Sunday, January 28, 2007

Condo Lottery Goes Digital

In 2007 the City of San Francisco will, for the first time, use a computer to generate winning condo lottery numbers. This digital lottery supplants the previous system of pulling paper tickets. I'm surprised there has not been more reporting in the media about this change.

Computer logic tends to be anything but random. Generating a random number is something that has to be simulated in a computer. It all depends on how well the simulation is programmed.

Call me old-fashioned. I'd rather have a paper ticket that gets picked out of a well-mixed bowl of other paper tickets. At least that is a process that can be witnessed and is easily understood by all participants. It's hard to hack a glass bowl.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is great. I'm glad I found it and I will be featuring it at some point in my own blog-- www.sfrealestatebuzz.com

4:07 PM  
Blogger runnz said...

these sick liberals making the rules for condo lotteries participate regularly in hysterical left wing rants against electronic voting........

Yet........the long-suffering-screwed over TIC owners get electronic lotteries...?

A VAST conspiracy

4:41 PM  
Blogger my real estate blog said...

Oh' that was cool! I think with that idea. Many will get interested with that. Thanks for sharing!

condo Philippines

6:59 PM  
Blogger I Love real estate blogs said...

Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. Thanks for everything.


new houses for sale

9:35 PM  
Blogger I Love real estate blogs said...

Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. Thanks for everything.


new houses for sale

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home